Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A-Ha Blog

When I was in high school, I decided to take a criminal justice class. The class was taught by a wonderful women whose name is Susan Featherstone. Mrs. Susan loved me as a student and would always confience me to be a leader in the classroom. Anyways, I took three semesters of her class, learning a lot of information in criminalogy.

Susan insisted me to go to this Police Academy because the top student overall would win two hundred dollars. We had to go on Tuesday every week for two and half hours for five weeks. One week we had to complete an obstacle that the police force have to complete to be able to join the force. We saw meth, weed, pills, and other hard street drugs. We met three drug dogs, who later chased a man the length of a football field and then tackled the man.

Week by week I learned so much about the environment of police and detective work. After accomplishing five weeks of the academy it was time for graduation. I remember walking up in front of everybody to recieve my diploma. It felt really good to graduate and earn your respect from the officers who serve your town. Part of me wanted to really walk down the aisle later on in my life. Going to this academy really help me make my decision in my major with is Criminalogy.

1 comment:

Kameshia Williams said...

Soundz like a good field to join, why didnt you process your dreams in the police acdemey school. That tpye of thing; not trying to catorgorize you but fit you becaus you are already active and have those goal to achive somemthing like this.