Monday, November 19, 2007

4 Syn.

Lacking of Father

As you can see David is lacking a good example at the father role. The "father figure" was a huge part of my life growing up as a kid and teenage years. My Father is the reason why I'm living a healthy life and going to college. The problem in The Rake is that David had no father to show him the right way in life.

Under the Influence

After I read Under the Influence, I was shocked because it reminded me of my childhood. When I was younger I blocked all the horrible sights out of my mind, but the way Sanders stressed his words made the memories all come back to me. I could really relate to Sanders because we both had a parent who was an alcoholic.


The Fourth of July

I think Audre Lorde learned from this experience because she didn’t let racism stop her later in her life. Lorde took immediately action after her experiences in Washington D.C. Lorde's attitude toward this experience led her to write an angry letter to the President of The
United States.


The Rake

In The Rake the paragraph about the rake really stood out in this story. The story is structured to make us think about violence, and the rake David uses is a violent approach just to gather leaves up. The rake has claws on the tip, and scratches the ground as you pick up leaves. David uses the rake as a main part, because the rake harms and cleans up the yard.

No comments: