Thursday, October 25, 2007

??Family??Football??

When I was younger my mother had custody on my two brothers, sister, and of course me. At this time we lived in Norfolk, Nebraska. Barbra, my mother, would get fucked up everyday keeping a distance toward her kids. Barbra would go to her "boyfriends" house and sometimes take my sister and I with her. I remember standing outside for hours while my mother was in the house with another man. My father at the time was out of town working so his children could live.

My father was sick of not seeing his kids so he took my mother to court for custody. Barbra didn't even show up, which gave my father all custody of his kids. Around the age of six I moved to Milan, Tennessee with my grandmother. Moving into my grandmothers house really changed my life. Every night my grandmother and I would cook and read chapters in the Bible. Around the age 13 I was presenting lessons at churches with my brother Patrick. :>

My father works seven days a week and sun rise to sun set. He works on the outside of your house like vinyl siding, windows, and trim. He has been doing this work for 27 years and is still counting. The only thing that kept him going was seeing his boy play the game of football.

My oldest brother Justin played football most of his life since he was five to twenty-five. He played college football at Wayne State and Cumberland University. My other brother Patrick played in high school and won two state champions back to back. Later on Patrick played with Justin at Cumberland University for two years. And of course my present career.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see everyone in your family is doing it real big in the football department. That's good that you all share a common interest.

Wendy said...

really interesting reflection Keenen. I'd like to hear more about your grandmother. She sounds amazing!